Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Thrift store finds//Wedding china


So this week has been a busy week, for both me and Ty.
Its only been three days and so much has happened!
First; I went to visit my family over at Sagecroft farms. This is where we will be holding our September wedding, and there is still a lot of planning that needs to happen before the date.
One of the decisions that we made was to hold our dinner on vintage china that we found from the thrift store.
Problem with that, we are expecting 230+ guests, and with each guest there needs to be three plates, a glass, and silverware.
Needless to say, as many times as I visit the thrift store each week, there is still a lot to be found.
One of the things I looking forward to the most with the wedding is turning all of these adorable little teacups into candles.
That has been my favorite part of the whole thing, seeing what fantastic designs we find.
That little blue one just might go home with me!
We chose to use lavender and vanilla for our scents for the candles, sticking with the purple and white theme
More to come on that in the future!
Today, I swung by one of my favorite thrift stores, a goodwill by my work
I saw this handsome man, and I was a little hesitant to pick him up at first. Where would I put a chair like this?
But I kept looking over at him, and I figured that it would be better to follow my gut and just snag it before someone else did.
I crammed it into the back of our little two door car, and took him home.
And I'm in love.
Look at the detailing! 
I think this is the perfect chair to learn to upholster.

More on our adventures later
As always;




No comments:

Post a Comment