Saturday, April 5, 2014

Thrift Store Haul//Mirror mirror on the wall

Part of living in an apartment is living with a budget.
I would love to go to target and spend all of my money on the adorable things they have there, but instead, I have to make do with going to the thrift store or making my own.
Which is a lot of fun.

There is quite a few little thrift stores that are in my area, and yesterday I came upon some great finds at goodwill;
Check it out!
Scored two cute little anthropologie look alike teacups. We are collecting hundreds of teacups for our wedding, and I think these will look just fantastic turned into candles, no?
I also scored that wonderful mirrored picture frame.
Haven't decided what is going to go into that bad boy yet, but whatever it is, I am excited!

That jar currently has a home on one of our night stands and is holding whatever change Ty brings home at night. I love the bright colors and fun design! 
See that deer there too?
Another thrift store find.
BAM

And that awesome starfish tray has a home on our other nightstand, along with the deer's mate.
I am so in love with this tray though, pictures just don't do it justice. Right now it holds some jewelry,  but in the future I may just hang it on the wall!

Finally, that big gold and green mirror is just hanging out on the wall above one of these end tables until I find it a new home.
And that little blue and white ginger jar?
Thinking of using it to hold fish food! It would be much prettier than that plastic can for sure!

I think  my favorite part of all of this is finding out where to put our finds when we get them home.
Its so exciting finding that perfect piece to complement your existing decor. 
Plus, if you ever decide to change it around, you aren't loosing more than a few bucks!

What are your favorite finds from your thrift store?
Do you usually re-do the things you get or do you leave them be?
Leave it below in the comments!

Till next time;




No comments:

Post a Comment