Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bedroom changes

The best part of starting out in design is seeing how quickly your style can come and go.
I imagine that we would all have fabulous homes if we had unending budgets, (wouldn't that be great?)  but the Amazing thing is how to take unwanted or inexpensive items and turn them into something that people love.

This little corner of the internet is just getting started.  In fact,  at this time last year I didn't even have a blog!
So this is just a post looking back,  just to see, that yes  I have actually made progress.
This is our bedroom just five months ago in may.  I had just learned how to refinish furniture,  and had recently refinished both of these that we were using for bedside tables.  I can't tell you how extraordinary proud of this room I was at this point.  
I had DIY ed the canopy, and we actually owned a headboard that I had gotten for free.  
It was pretty exciting stuff. 
This is our bedroom at the moment.  It's not where it needs to be,  but it's getting there! 
Both of the side tables were a thrift store find.  Originally I just had one for each side,  but with dogs who love to move things around for us,  we had to change that quickly.  
I am searching for a mate for my chrome craft lamp.  I hold out hope that it will be one of those happy endings and I won't have to pay full retail price for one! 

Overall,  I'm pretty proud when I look back and see how much my style has changed.  Its good to see progress,  and I know that it can only get better from here! 




No comments:

Post a Comment