Thursday, July 24, 2014

Functional Bridal Shower

With the wedding soon approaching, naturally, my maid of honor was going to throw me a bridal shower.

We sat together and were trying to come up with different ideas for games or themes.

One of the top ones was a ment to be honeybee theme.

Then my mother came up with the best ideas ever.

This will be a very pictureless post, mostly because I forgot to snap pictures while all of this was happening!

We decided to do a work bridal shower.

Basically, instead of bringing gifts that I didnt really need, we would prepare freezer meals.

so people would bring ingredients for the freezer meals, instead of body wash or plates.

We ended up simply picking a whole bunch of freezer meals from pinterest that sounded good, such as lasagna and cafe rio pork roast.

The idea was for all of these to have as little prep as possible, basically throw the ingredients into a bag, shake, and freeze.

We had maybe 10 people show up, and all together it took less than an hour to make them all.

We of course chopped all of the vegtables and chicken before hand to save on time.

At the end of the shower we all got together for some snacks and cheesecake, and I walked away with 22 ready to cook meals.

It was a more priceless gift than anything else I could have asked for.
They were able to gift me the gift of time to spend with my finacee, instead of working in the kitchen for long hours to make a meal.

For the shower favors we gave out glass jars of thyme.


No comments:

Post a Comment